Effective as of May 24th, 2018.
Information collected by the Law Office of Janelle M. Lewis
The Law Office of Janelle M. Lewis (hereinafter “LOJML”) does not collect personally identifiable information about you - such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. – unless you choose to fill out the following forms:
- The contact form for “CREATING A BRIDGE ACROSS THE ATLANTIC U.S. LEGAL INFORMATION PORTAL FOR ENTREPRENEURS” services
- The contact form for “U.S. LEGAL RESEARCH & ANALYSIS SERVICES FOR NON-U.S. LAWYERS AND LAW FIRMS” services
- The contact form for “LEGAL ADVISORY & STRATEGY SERVICES FOR GLOBAL ENTREPRENEURS EXPANDING TO THE U.S.” services
- The contact form for “CONTRACT DRAFTING & REVIEW SERVICES” services
or you choose to directly email LOJML.
Personal Information provided to LOJML that is provided via the contact forms mentioned above does NOT constitute an attorney-client relationship nor the establishment of any such relationship. An attorney-client relationship is ONLY formed upon a signed client engagement letter drafted by the LOJML, for which both parties have agreed to its terms.
Legal Basis For Use of Personal Information Provided to LOJML
If you do provide Personal Information, the legal basis of LOJML’s use of that Personal Information would be:
- To respond to your inquiry or process a specific contact form (see above in “Information Collected by the Law Office of Janelle M. Lewis”) that you have completed on various sections of our Web site or that you provided directly to LOJML via email;
- To Provide you with legal services, if you are or become a client of LOJML, and/or deal with any requests or inquiries you may have;
- Comply with any applicable laws or regulations in any country deemed necessary.
As noted in the above section, no attorney-client relationship is established until the formal retention of the LOJML whereby a separate client engagement letter is drafted by LOJML, and consequently agreed upon and signed by both parties. PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO LOJML OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.
What LOJML Does NOT Do With Your Personal Information
LOJML does NOT:
- Share your personal information with any outside sources without your expressed written consent;
- Sell your personal information under any circumstances
Your Rights To The Personal Data You Provide to LOJML
You have rights to the data you provide to LOJML via this website, specifically:
- The right to erasure/removal of all your personal information you provided to LOJML;
- The right to access the personal data you provided to LOJML;
- The right to understand how your data is processed by LOJML; and
- The right to correct the personal data you provided to LOJML.
To exercise any of your above mentioned rights, please email the Law Office of Janelle M. Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “EXERCISING MY DATA RIGHTS.”
LOJML Website Host - Squarespace
The website for the Law Office of Janelle M. Lewis (“LOJML”) is hosted by Squarespace. As of May 22nd, 2018, Squarespace has affirmed that it is in full compliance with the newly enacted GDPR regulations. For more information on Squarespace’s, specific policies, please click on the links below:
Terms of Services - Squarespace
Data Processing Addendum - Squarespace
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield & Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
SquareSpace has self-certified with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. For specific information on their self-certifications, data transferred, and renewal dates, please click here.
Removal of Personal Data from Squarespace
Besides contacting LOJML (see “Your Rights to Personal Data You Provide to LOJML”), you can also directly contact Squarespace to have Squarespace remove your personal data at email@example.com.
Data collected by the Law Office of Janelle M. Lewis
Cookies and Activity Log
LOJML does not use Squarespace Analytics Cookies, the Squarespace Activity Log, or other external services to determine unique visitors or track visitors to LOJML’s website. These features have been disabled. If these features become enabled, and LOJML starts using the Squarespace Analytics Cookies, the Squarespace Activity Log or other external services to track visitors or to determine unique visitors to the site, all visitors will be notified of this change via a banner that will be displayed on the website.